Group exercise is not for everyone. You may prefer to do pilates on your own, or with a friend or partner guided by a trained instructor. Each session is tailored to meet your goals and needs in a relaxed, friendly environment.
Individual sessions are ideal if you:
- Are recovering from an injury or illness and are looking to restore your flexibility, strength, muscle balance and overall fitness
- Have never done pilates and want to go through the basics before joining a class
- Have back, shoulder, hip or knee aches and pains
- Are disabled and may require specific modifications to exercises in a safe environment
- Have osteoarthritis, diabetes, chronic auto-immune disorders and need to work at your own pace
- Are training for a specific sports event
- Feel more comfortable exercising on your own with an instructor
A typical programme
Chat about your goals for the pilates sessions/medical conditions/injuries
Plan a programme of exercises and stretches for future sessions and to practise at home!
We go through the Five Basic Principles of pilates and demonstrate how these can be adapted to suit your body
Session 3 onwards
Progress through the programme of exercises discussed in Session 1, reviewing how your body is feeling post-exercise
Individual sessions are £30 for one hour. For two people at the same session the cost is £45 for one hour.
If you wish to book sessions, please call, text, email or use the contact form
Important note: I am not qualified to diagnose injuries or illnesses. Please ensure that your GP, consultant or physio has confirmed that you are able to start pilates.